5 Best eCommerce Landing Page Builders
Curated landing pages that speak to the customer are the heart of every great eCommerce store.
There was a time when static landing pages with generic content was the norm. Everyone who clicks on an ad will see the same thing.
Unfortunately, those days are over. Nowadays, it will take more than a standard homepage to convince digital-savvy customers to bring out their wallets and make a purchase with your store.
The new breed of customers requires a little more to trust your brand. They need to feel like their experiences are very personal. They need to know that brands not only understand their history of purchase but also serve them offers that they would actually appreciate.
It is a herculean task that not every marketer knows how to do from scratch.
Thankfully, they don’t need to.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. We may earn small commissions from referrals we make.
What is an eCommerce Landing Page Builder?
A landing page builder is a software designed to create, maintain, and optimize landing pages, fit for any eCommerce store. Since 2011, landing page software has been the secret sauce to building powerful websites with highly dynamic content.
In general, landing page builders help users quickly and easily create new pages. They do this through multiple ways – providing templates, offering drag and drop capabilities, integration with existing tools, and so on.
Despite being the foundational blocks of thousands of websites all over the world, many landing page builders allow for a lot of customization. They can do everything from A/B testing, dynamic keyword insertion, custom scripts and pixels, pop-ups, sticky headers, and more.
Why Use a Landing Page Builder for eCommerce?
Companies need to create a multitude of potential landing pages for customers at different stages of their buying journey. Customers will need to hear specific information at every level of the funnel that will help guide them towards a purchase.
Every landing page needs to be optimized with the right copy and integrated with various back-end software to make a seamless customer experience. It is incredibly useful for websites that can not support the kind of content that particular customers need to see right away on their homepage.
Landing page builders also enable marketers to build multiple pages, let users A/B test them to find the best one, and optimize their campaigns to maximize budgets.
With eCommerce companies regularly relying on paid ad spends to bring customers to their sites, it is a perfect tool that increases the likelihood of purchase for anyone that drops by.
The Top 5 eCommerce Landing Page Builder Software
Leadpages is one of the most affordable and easy-to-use landing page builders out there. It’s a great option for small eCommerce businesses just starting out!
It does have a few limitations when compared to the other landing page builders you’ll find below but, overall, it’s a pretty good tool for beginners.
- Intuitive and easy-to-use
- Cheaper than most options with prices starting at $25
- 160 free templates
- Integrates easily with WooCommerce and Shopify
- Issues with bugs such as occasional crashing and features not working
- Very basics analytics and does not include A/B testing with the basic plan
- Limited drag-and-drop editor tool
A pioneering company among the landing page builder software, it is known to be one of the best all-around eCommerce landing page builders available on the market.
- Easy to use interface and a drag-and-drop editor
- Pop-up function
- Integrations with lots of existing platforms such as Salesforce and Marketo
- One of the best A/ B testing options
- A bit pricey. Has a range of pricing options from $79 – $399 per month
- Each plan comes with limits as to how many conversions & visitors you can have
- Fewer, customizable templates
Instapage is a beginner-friendly landing page builder software that has over 200+ drag-and-drop templates. With quick set-up, it can easily integrate with your existing eCommerce website with absolutely no code.
- The landing page form editor is super intuitive and easy to use.
- Great for companies with existing websites that utilize CMS
- Has hundreds of templates to choose from
- No conversion limits
- Can be expensive for a lot of people – the cheapest plan is $149/month
- Very few pricing plans options
If you are not sure if Instapage is right for you, they have a free 14-day trial where you can see for yourself.
The most basic builder in the list and go-to WordPress page builder plugin. It is one of the few that give free plans. With over 5000 positive reviews, you can bet that this eCommerce landing page builder is here to stay.
- Highly customizable with a simple interface and a lot of templates
- Has a free version with regular pricing that ranges from $49 – $199/year
- Seamless integrations with eCommerce plugins such as WooCommerce and similar platforms
- Only available with WordPress
- Has known glitches with small changes “breaking” entire pages
- Not as intuitive as all other tools in the list
While not packaged as an eCommerce landing page builder, it is a powerful funnel design-builder that is usable for the same outcome. ClickFunnels is unique in that it has templates depending on the kind of product you are trying to sell.
- Great for eCommerce for its all-in-one solution that also does lead nurturing and payment processing
- Pre-built funnel templates make it easy to create high-converting marketing funnels
- Very easy to use with a lot of existing integrations
- Strong A/B testing tool
- Starts at $97 a month with limited pricing options
- A limited number of templates that can make pages look similar
- Prone to building pages that look “too salesy”
- Has a bit of a learning curve to start using
How to Choose an eCommerce Landing Page Builder
Going from $10 to $200 per month, companies have a range of options that give them what they need without breaking the bank. Knowing what software you can sustainably afford can help you save the effort of migrating to a different one in the future. They can also save you the effort of buying multiple subscriptions that one software could have addressed.
Usability & Design
Not all companies have in-house software engineers and designers on call. Companies can have a variety of options from existing templates or premium themes that they can use. By choosing a landing page builder that lets you customize your site depending on your available resources or coding ability, you will not have to hire additional people to do the job for you.
And if the available templates and themes still don’t get your juices flowing, here are 7 great examples of eCommerce Landing Pages for you to draw inspiration from.
For every eCommerce site, payment needs to be as painless as possible for customers not to abandon their carts. To make checkout flow as conveniently as possible, make sure that your eCommerce landing page builder either contains existing payment solutions or is built with external ones like Paypal or Stripe already in mind.
Different companies at different stages may have already acquired tools outside the landing page software that is necessary for the overall business. From CRM tools to CMS platforms, finding a landing page builder that can easily integrate with them will not only save hundreds of hours but also create an overall smoother system.
With thousands of eCommerce stores launching every day, businesses need to step up. Capturing the attention of potential customers in a sea of unlimited content is no small feat, but it is possible with the right tools.
There are hundreds of landing page builders out there, but there is no one single tool that is right for every company. Selecting the right software based on your company size and particular needs is the first step to creating dynamic, converting websites with relevant content.
eCommerce is a long game where customers are nurtured throughout several stages before you can even begin to sell. From serving them products that offer exactly what the customers need, recommending items to remind them what they have left in their carts, eCommerce needs to speak to every customer in a personalized way.
By utilizing landing pages, companies can not only save time, money, and effort, but they can also give customers an overall better experience. Having a strong landing page strategy will make sure that you get your customer to the finish line.
Happy customers equal higher sales, and higher sales make everyone happy.